Difference Between Wealth and Prosperity

I was once a money-monger that was always after money; a fistful of it. Due to my conditioning and learning, I was made to believe that money was the most valuable resource. But not soon, after a lot of failures and mistakes, I realized that money isn’t the most valuable resource, something else is.

My entire life as now is focused on unlearning and learning new concepts of life; solving oneself and aligning with the universe. I’ve understood that not money but time is the most valuable resource and I’m busy creating that; lots of it. I’ve realized the thin line between them:

  • Prosperity leads to simplicity, whereas wealth leads to complexity
  • Prosperity is lucidity, whereas wealth is anxiety.
  • Prosperity flows from love
  • Prosperity is of the whole being, whereas wealth involves only the material plane
  • Prosperity is philanthropic
  • Prosperity is relative, whereas wealth is subjective
  • Prosperity is to know the essential in life

Ask yourself then, this one simple question, and be brave in your response. How are you spending the lion’s share of your precious time?

I also want to emphasize the flip side of shining India where 25% of the national wealth is owned by mere 100 families and the rest 75% is shared by more than billion families — some of them who even don’t earn INR 50 per day.

There’re many villages in India that don’t have basic necessities of life and most of us in urban cities consume trillions of units of electricity every day. Most of the youth are running to the world’s most developed and noticed nations and a handful of them are working for the progress of undeveloped and neglected villages.

Isn’t this our responsibility to work for the progress of the nation, together? Or just paying taxes are enough? Or framing the concept of the global village is good enough to bring foreign funds to better life here? Can’t we make our country self-sustainable? There are so many questions that haunt me.

Is it just creating wealth enough, for sense gratification, or we should work towards prosperity? We plan for the future but are we planning for prosperity? I believe that prosperity will only come when we grow as a nation.

Leave a Reply