When is the last time you’ve challenged yourself? Took a risk? Or, even deviated from your normal routine? If you’ve been complacent with happenings around you maybe it’s time for a change.
Change is inevitable in life. It’s a part of our life. When we are tired of doing something we welcome a new change. When we are upset we wait for a change of phase, we await happiness. But sometimes, when we are happy we fear the change which may cause disappointments. Its the way of life—whether we like it or not a change is bound to happen. Changes keep away boredom from life. It makes this journey interesting and adventurous.
We need to change because our situation has changed. There are 10 powerful benefits of change:
- Personal Growth: You grow and learn new things every time something changes. You discover new insights into different aspects of your life. You learn lessons even from changes that did not lead you to where you wanted to be.
- Flexibility: Frequent changes make you easily adapt to new situations, new environments, and new people. As a result, you do not freak out when something unexpectedly shifts.
- Improvement: We all have things in our lives we’d like to improve—finances, job, partner, house, etc. All of us know that nothing will improve by itself. We need to do things differently to make that happen. Without change, there’d be no improvements.
- Life values: From time to time changes make you re-evaluate your life and look at certain things from a different perspective. Depending on what the change is, it may also reinforce your life values.
- The snowball effect: Often we give up because we cannot accomplish the difficult task of making a huge and immediate change. That is when small changes become extremely valuable. One shift at a time, small changes will eventually lead you to the desired big one.
- Strength: Not all changes lead you to pleasant periods of life. Unfortunately, we do not live in a fairy tale and sad things happen, too. Overcoming the tough period will make you stronger.
- Progress: Changes trigger progress. Things move forward and develop because of them.
- Opportunities: One never knows what each change may bring. When you turn from your usual path there will be plenty of different opportunities waiting for you. Changes will bring new choices for happiness and fulfillment.
- New beginnings: Each change is a turning page. It is about closing one chapter and opening another one. Changes bring new beginnings and excitement to life.
- Routine: Remember the movie Stranger than Fiction? The main character does the same things in exactly the same time for years. He leads a completely dull, extremely predictable, and uninteresting life. That is how your life would be without changes. So, next time you get the temptation to avoid or resist the change, aim instead to initiate the ones that will lead you to where you won’t be.
The bottom line is, change is important because as humans we are constantly evolving. In our circumstances, in our world around us, people are constantly transitioning from one thing to the next. If we do not recognize the need for change, then we find ourselves not doing the things that are necessary to grow and improve.
People who don’t change will perish. People who change after the change will struggle. People who change with the change will survive. People who are of the cause of the change will lead!
Remember, if there were no change, there would be no butterflies!