I started blogging in 2017. The experience was quite bad in the beginning but today I have a successful blog with a reader base from 135 countries. Blogging has been a joyful experience and I have my own little reasons to blog.
I have heard blogging referred to a couple of times as a mixture between an art and a science. If this is true, there’s no right way to approach blogging if you want to be successful. There are plenty of people who have done a great job of it though, and I thought it would be useful to learn from them.
I have already written a blog post on tips to grow your blog but in this one, I want to emphasize the formula for a successful blog. The formula is nothing but the right combination of certain elements.
- Creativity: We all have different DNA and hence you need to find your own style of writing. Getting inspired is fine but don’t copy. Write what you want, and write the way you want. Be creative and innovate new topics that people have not touched. Even if there’s a universe of content, you’ll find something that no one has written. The best example is your story or your thoughts on different subjects.
- Time: Like a child, blogging needs your time. I write one blog post almost every day. You can choose your frequency but consistency is the key. You can’t write one blog post and disappear for a long time; if you want to be a successful blogger. Make a schedule. It’s perfectly fine if you blog once a week or month, but be consistent.
- Language: Be simple. Most people like reading simple articles. It’s alright if you’re an expert in your language but think about the global audience. Most people around the globe understand simple English. It’s also a good idea to write in your native language. There’s a lot of demand for regional content.
- Promotion: Different people write for different reasons. Some people just write for themselves, while some write for others. If you want to showcase your talent to the world, you’ll have to do a lot of promotion. One of the best ways to promote your blog is by sharing it on all your social media platforms. If you’re not active on social media, it’s hight time. Add the social sharing button in your blog post so that people can share your blog posts.
- Engagement: As a universal law, you get only when you give. If you want people to see or listen to you, talk to them. Give your feedback on their blog posts. Join different groups on Facebook and communicate with different bloggers. Build a community around your blog.
- Design: The look and feel of your blog are important. Readers should enjoy the user experience when they’re on your blog. Most of the people read articles on their mobile phones. So, as a practice, your blog should be responsive to different mediums. Colors, fonts, and images matter a lot. It’s important to make your blog visually attractive and simple to use.
- Money: If you really want to be a professional blogger and earn money from it, you have to put a lot of money into it. You’ll need to spend money on SEO and promoting blog posts on different social media platforms. You can start by putting small amounts initially and track the results to go into another level.
These are just a few ideas, but there are likely a lot more. Sure, it can be time-consuming but you’ll become closer to your readers, create a stronger community and make a lasting impact.