I started blogging in 2017. The experience was quite bad in the beginning but today, people from 150 countries are reading me. I have had my own challenges so I want to share some tips to grow your blog.
Blogging has been a joyful experience and I have my own little reasons to blog. My experience as a blogger wouldn’t have been so wonderful if you, as a community, weren’t so supportive.
I can’t say that I am an expert on blogging, but can you some little tips on how to grow your blog.
- Believe in yourself.
- Write what you want to and feel like. It’s indeed very important to write about the stuff you love because only then you write with passion and create a good content.
- Don’t copy other bloggers. Do it your way.
- There is no formula for writing. Make your own formula.
- Be patient and consistent. The beginnings are always difficult. It’s a fact that in the beginning, your blog won’t be gaining so much audience. But if you’re persistent and you don’t give up, you’ll make it. It’ll just take some time.
- It’s really important to engage with the blogger communities on different social media platforms. Facebook has so many groups you can join. but, you got to engage with other bloggers. It has to be a two-way communication.
- Share your blog post on different social media platforms.
- Make your blog light to open and easy to read.
- Follow blogs of other people, write comments and share content that you like. Sharing is caring.
- Engage with the followers you already have.
- Offer multiple ways to subscribe to your blog. Not everyone likes to get an email about your latest blog post.
- Get content ideas from visitors and followers.
- Write in simple language.
- Don’t underestimate your regional language. There’s a large audience who wants to read in regional languages.
- Say something new. Think out-of-the-box.
- Focus on evergreen content. This content is useful year after year. Evergreen content works because it rewards readers with comprehensive answers to their problems.
- Get a personal domain; if possible.
These are just a few ways you can get started, but there are likely a lot more. Sure, it can be time-consuming but you’ll become closer to your readers, create a stronger community and make a lasting impact.