1. Move bank accounts to take advantage of perks and earn more interest
2. Turn off the television.
3. Stop collecting, and start selling
4. Sign up for every free customer rewards program you can.
5. Make your own gifts instead of buying stuff from the store.
6. Write a list before you go shopping – and stick to it.
7. Invite friends over instead of going out.
8. Repair clothing instead of tossing it.
9. Don’t spend big money entertaining your children.
10. Negotiate rates with your credit card company or complete a balance transfer.
11. Clean out those closets.
12. Drink more water and carry a water bottle.
13. Quit smoking.
14. Turn off the lights.
15. Swap books, music, and DVDs on the Internet or at the library.
16. Install CFLs or LEDs wherever it makes sense.
17. Install a programmable thermostat.
18. Buy quality appliances that will last.
19. Clean or change out your car’s air filter.
20. Quit using credit cards.
21. Do a price comparison – find a cheaper grocery store.
22. Make your own when you can.
23. Avoid stress-spending.
24. Share your dreams with people you love.
25. Do a maintenance run on your appliances.
26. Cancel unused club memberships.
27. Buy used when you can.
28. Keep your hands clean.
29. Remove your credit card numbers from your online accounts.
30. Give the gift of labor.
31. Do holiday shopping right after the holidays.
32. Join up with a volunteer program.
33. Declutter to save your sanity and some cash.
34. Try generic brands of items you buy regularly.
35. Stick to reliable, fuel-efficient cars.
36. Avoid the mall.
37. Rent out unused space in your home.
38. Create a visual reminder of your debt.
39. Cancel magazine subscriptions.
40. Eat breakfast.
41. Swap babysitting with neighbors.
42. Don’t fear leftovers – use them up instead.
43. Go through your clothes – all of them.
44. Carry your own lunch.
45. Learn how to dress minimally.
46. Ask for help and encouragement from your inner circle.
47. Try to fix things yourself.
48. Keep an idea notebook in your pocket.
49. Look for a cheaper place to live.
50. Check out free events in town.
51. Start a kitchen garden.
52. Take public transportation.
54. Do some basic home and auto maintenance on a regular schedule.
55. Buy staples in bulk.
56. Pack food for road trips.
57. Go through your cell phone bill, look for services you don’t use, and ditch them.
58. When buying a car, look only at used models.
59. Use a simple razor to shave.
60. Find daily inspiration for making intelligent moves.
61. Read books – a lot of them.
62. Make your own cleaning supplies instead of buying them.
63. Suggest cheap activities when meeting up with family and friends.
64. Don’t speed.
65. Buy a smaller house.
66. Always ask for fees to be waived.
67. Don’t overspend on hygiene products.
68. Make your own beer or wine.
69. Cut down on your vacation spending.
70. Cancel the cable or satellite channels you don’t watch.
71. Do more charity.
72. Exercise more.
73. Utilize online bill pay with your bank.
74. Don’t beat yourself up when you make a mistake.
75. Always keep looking ahead.
76. Never give up.