Smiling is a great gesture!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, and honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Actually, there isn’t any art behind it. Just that you were born to be happy, and you can show this happiness with that beautiful smile of yours. Let’s see it. To some extent, we all know how to spot a genuine smile, basically this formula:
Genuine smile is equal to crinkly eyes.
We are all sensitive to this genuine scale, so why then is it that when we cross paths with a stranger or casual acquaintance in the elevator, we give them a fake smile? That polite smile. You know what I’m talking about.
A smile is so simple, yet so powerful. Some noticeable effects of externalizing your internal joy are:
- People will be attracted to you: I don’t mean sexually (well, maybe that too), but people will feel drawn to your energy. When you smile more, you will carry an aura and poise that will draw people to you. People will look forward to being around you, knowing only that they feel great around you. People on the street, at work, your friends etc. We all like and want to be around happy and cheerful people, right?
- Optimistic: You’ll feel more positive about yourself and the world.
- Happiness and joy: A smile is an expression of happiness and joy in you. Like an upward spiral, a smile will boost the happiness you feel.
- Healthy: A smile can affect your internal state, which can have a physiological impact on your physical and mental health.
- Approachable: A smile is so welcoming and will make people feel more at ease.
- Making Other people happy: A smile has the power to make other people feel good about themselves. It’s heart-warming and has the power to cheer up others instantly.
- Smiles are contagious: Others can quickly and easily catch it and will experience the above side effects.
The lesson? Smile with your eyes! Feel it genuinely and it will come out naturally.