When was the last time you challenged yourself? Took a risk? Or, even diverged from your normal routine? If you’ve been satisfied with happenings around you maybe it’s time for a change.
Change is unavoidable in life. It’s a part of our life. When we’re tired of doing something we welcome a new change. When we’re distressed we wait for a change of phase, we await happiness. But sometimes, when we’re happy we fear the change which may cause disappointments. It’s the way of life — whether we like it or not a change is certain to happen.
Changes keep away monotony from life. It makes this journey stimulating and adventurous.
We require to change because our situation has changed. There’re 10 powerful benefits of change:
- Personal Growth: You grow and learn new things with every chnage. You discover new visions into different aspects of your life. You learn lessons even from changes that didn’t lead you to where you wanted to be.
- Flexibility: Recurrent changes make you easily familiar to new situations, new environments, and new people. As a result, you don’t panic out when something unexpectedly shifts.
- Improvement: We all have things in our lives we’d like to improve — finances, job, partner, house, etc. Nothing will improve by itself. We need to do things differently to make that happen. Without change, there’d be no improvements.
- Life values: From time to time changes make you re-assess your life and look at certain things from a different viewpoint. Depending on what the change is, it may also strengthen your life values.
- The snowball effect: Often we give up because we can’t accomplish the hard task of making a huge and instant change. That’s when small changes become tremendously valuable. Small changes will slowly lead you to the desired big one.
- Strength: Not all changes lead you to enjoyable phases of life. Unfortunately, we don’t live in a fairy tale and sad things happen, too. Overcoming the hard period will make you stronger.
- Progress: Changes trigger progress. Things move forward and nurture because of them.
- Opportunities: No one knows what each change can bring. When you turn from your usual path there’ll be ample of different opportunities waiting for you. Changes bring fresh opportunities for happiness and fulfillment.
- New beginnings: Each change is a turning page. It’s about closing one chapter and opening another one. Changes bring new beginnings and enthusiasm to life.
- Routine: Remember the movie Stranger than Fiction? The main character does the same things at the same time for years. He leads a completely dull, extremely predictable, and boring life. That’s how your life would be without changes. So, next time you get the enticement to avoid or resist the change, aim instead to initiate the ones that will lead you to where you won’t be.
The bottom line is, change is vital because as humans we’re continuously evolving. In our circumstances, in our world around us, people are constantly transitioning from one thing to the next. If we don’t recognize the need for change, then we find ourselves not doing the things necessary to grow and improve.
People who don’t change will perish. People who change after the change will struggle. People who change with the change will survive. People who are of the cause of the change will lead!
Remember, if there were no change, there would be no butterflies!